Taxonomic name: M-NAVIGATION-INPAGE
v.4.9.0 - Updated 24/05/19. Archives
This component provides in-page navigation that can sit flush below the hero component on a page and will smoothly scroll the user to sections of content within the same page.
- Will smoothly scroll down to in-page sections when an option is selected, but will not stick to the top of the browser window.
- Must have a minimum 3 options and a maximum of 5
- Must only ever appear directly below the hero banner.
- Must only ever be placed on a yellow or dark accent background
- Icons used must be transparent PNGs, 32px by 32px in Aviva blue if used on yellow or white on dark accent colours
Notes for testers
- Ensure that links can be accessed via the mouse as well as via tabbing using the keyboard.
- Use a screen reader to confirm that the links are understandable as to where they will be going when listed out of context of the page.
- Ensure that when hovering over a link the style changes noticeably.
- Ensure that when a link has focus the style changes noticeably.
- Ensure that text within links is descriptive of what or where the link is going. Additional descriptive text can be hidden visually from the user to help make the link understandable especially if there area number of links such as "Find out more" on the page which go to different locations.
<div class="m-hero-wrapper"> ... </div> <div class="[ Accent modifiers ]"> <div class="l-content-container"> <ul class="m-navigation-inpage a-list-plain" data-module="m-navigation-inpage"> <li class="m-navigation-inpage__item"> <a href="..." class="m-navigation-inpage-link"> <img src="[ URL to icon PNG ]" class="m-navigation-inpage-link__icon" alt="" /> <span class="m-navigation-inpage-link__text">...</span> </a> </li> ... </ul> </div> </div>
The following table gives you a quick overview of the CSS classes that can be applied.
||Wrapper for the in-page navigation||Yes||
||Wrapper for each item within the in-page navigation||Yes||
||Minimum of 3, maximum of 5|
||Style for each link||Yes||
||Styling for icon that appears within each link||Yes||
||Styling for the text that appears within each link||Yes||